Temic immobiliser help

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
jrh

Re: Temic immobiliser help

Post by jrh » Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Now it sounds like the 'handshake' between Temic and ECU isn't working like it should.
Someone may know the procedure for resetting the Temic/ECU link.

Budz59

Post by Budz59 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:03 am

Thanks jrh , does anyone know this procedure ? or anywhere that I can find out ?

Budz59

Post by Budz59 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:50 pm

So I still haven’t got my car back , she is still not running , please can anyone advise on resetting the Temic / Ecu link , could the chip in the Key cause problems ?

mojo98
Area Rep

Post by mojo98 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 am

Budz59 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm
Update , car has started and ran but then cuts out , auto electrician still thinking it’s pointing to immobiliser issue , is there anywhere it can be sent to for testing ?
One of my probes had a similar problem, would start up, run for a few seconds then cut out, the problem was the chip in the key had lost it code, my original key had snapped, I went the timpson's and got them to recode the key by copying the original snapped key,
Sorted, so then got them the cut and chip a spare key
Ps that was on a temic system

spike1969

Post by spike1969 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm

This happened to mine. The temic was fried from using jump leads too often :-(. The car would start, and run for a few seconds then stop.

I ended up getting mine fixed by removing the temic immobiliser. I had to send the ECU off to be chipped (basically it has a chip added to the ECU which emulates a working temic) and this then enabled mine to start and run fine.

I may have some technica documents somewhere on the temic if that would be of use. I can try and dig them out.

Can't find my original post - was a while ago and on another probe site but I have found a copy of my old post that someone has posted on another site :-

http://autodijagnostika.biz/carforum/sh ... r-!!!-HELP