PCM

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
1vgotalandy

PCM

Post by 1vgotalandy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi, I was interested in checking the number of the main ‘chip’ in my 24v - 1995 model U.K. car. Can anyone confirm it’s exact location?
Would I be right in looking inside the PCM box? If so , where is that located please.
Don’t worry- I’ve not took anything off yet! If and when I do , would the SRS system need to be disabled?
You can tell I don’t know my way around these cars at all- any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers :)

cpt black
Tech Rep

Re: PCM

Post by cpt black » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Erm.you say its a 1995 model.24v they are cross overs do you
have a chipped key or a key fob as may help regards your Question ;)
pcm.s are tucked up under the drivers side kick panel,wots your fault :?:

1vgotalandy

Post by 1vgotalandy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm

I was just interested to have a look and see if it’s a standard item or not. I’ll have a check there.I have key and Immobilier fob. On that matter- is it true that a door keyhole can develop a fault which stops the key from working in it? I Appreciate the advice, thanks.
Bob :D

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:35 am

1vgotalandy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm
I was just interested to have a look and see if it’s a standard item or not. I’ll have a check there.I have key and Immobilier fob. On that matter- is it true that a door keyhole can develop a fault which stops the key from working in it? I Appreciate the advice, thanks.
Bob :D
If you have a fob you use then yours is early.If it is original immobiliser you may want to bypass it.I think its in the oracle.
Yes it is true there is a brittle part in the lock that with time can break and jam the lock.But in my experience you usually have a bit of warning as it starts to feel awkward before it goes.
Plus you will still have the passenger side until you get it fixed.
How you do so varies on preference.