Chuffed lock sorted

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
fuerte

Chuffed lock sorted

Post by fuerte » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Took my car to the garage today and he took drivers side jammed barrel out and was able to pick broken bits out so it now works.
I didnt have to resort to using my spare set so that is one more probe door lock still in circulation.
If you have jammed locks they can be saved just minus the cover which is workable.
So chuffed.
Now in an ideal world would like to see Spear of Destiny tonight in Swindon but too tired.But I cant have it all and no reason to complain.
Whats that thunder or the sound of you all falling off your chairs with my new found positivity.!!!!

mojo98
Area Rep

Re: Chuffed lock sorted

Post by mojo98 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Glad you got sorted :D

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 pm

mojo98 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm
Glad you got sorted :D
Thank you for your reply.
Pleased you happy for me and hope you and family are all well

mikenali

Post by mikenali » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:30 am

Will have to try that. Both the locks on my Silverfrost are seized. Have to get in through the boot. :shock:

jrh

Post by jrh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:34 am

Well done, at least you have someone at that garage who can fix things, rather than replace with 'new' every time.

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am

mikenali wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:30 am
Will have to try that. Both the locks on my Silverfrost are seized. Have to get in through the boot. :shock:
Been there done that.too arthritic these days.take the barrels out the door then pick the broken bits out.

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:57 am

jrh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:34 am
Well done, at least you have someone at that garage who can fix things, rather than replace with 'new' every time.
So far so good.He is a one man band so no idea how he does it.Old school I think.

Placid Probe
Area Rep

Post by Placid Probe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:59 pm

If the plastic bits in the lock barrels have broken off, in heavy rain, the rain will get in and run down the barrel causing the doors to lock/unlock and alarm to go off.

I have been using a bit of magic tape for the time being, to keep the rain out.

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Placid Probe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:59 pm
If the plastic bits in the lock barrels have broken off, in heavy rain, the rain will get in and run down the barrel causing the doors to lock/unlock and alarm to go off.

I have been using a bit of magic tape for the time being, to keep the rain out.
Thanks for the tip.I did run my old probe for years after the plastic broke and it was ok.I have sprayed gt85 in the lock a trick I have done for 3 years as this probes lock always froze badly.It is water repellant I believe.
Worst case scenario I have the locks off the old probe if the plastic is in one.
Guess I will have to hope for the best.Certainly had enough rain this week.
Good luck with yours.I am sure you will find a more long term solution.When an auto electrician worked on my car one job he did was fit a different window and door lock control.I remember he sprayed it with a special spray to protect electrics because I drive with my window open and the rain dribbles on that part.Sorry dont know what it was called.