No start

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Sunfly

Re: No start

Post by Sunfly » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:43 pm

You've got me racking my brains now for the checks I did and I'm pretty sure I too had no fuel even though the trip was set and I changed the pump relay, so my recollection was that I similarly had no signal to pump fuel from the ecu and that sort of makes sense if you know (ecu) that you're noy going to allow the car to start.

For sure the pump wasnt running or at least, I could not hear it doing so but all came good on its own with the new CPS lead. Cant remember what was happening with the key light so I'm no help to you there.

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:19 pm

Cheers for that Bob had a similar issue many years ago probe wood not start got a new key and was fine
But cant remember if cel was on constant before new key (its a age thing) :roll: :lol:

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 pm

But, don't Temic system start, even if don't have a chipped key, but cut out after a minute or two :? :shock:

Kit

Any rodent damage :?:

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm

But, don't Temic system start, even if don't have a chipped key, but cut out after a minute or two :? :shock:

Kit

Any rodent damage :?:

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:12 am

Temic system will start briefly for 50 seconds and cut out if cps faulty but wont start after that but
just crank as fuel is cut off,dead key will just crank over and over i believe as fuel pump wont run
will check for rodent damage,just a shame as got 2 none runners now 1 fuel pump needs doing and
now this one :lol
Had one at work cranked all the time you got me a Temic key and fired up straight away so will
i be lucky again :roll:

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 am

Cant help over the key issue but I can say that mine is a Temic reg 1997 and it very definitely would not start with a faulty CPS. It will run on the TDC signal from the dizzy without the CPS but needs the CPS when starting to identify the position of the crank and I presume, to tell the ECU that the engine is rotating. Worth checking the info I uploaded a while ago on fault codes for a more authoratative explanation of this fault but my experience was No CPS - No start! Furthermore we know that to be the case from the connector issue.

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 am

Will do Bob,got a dissy coming and new key coming got a new cps here as well so once
all here i will work my way through it all

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:05 pm

cpt black wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 am
Will do Bob,got a dissy coming and new key coming got a new cps here as well so once
all here i will work my way through it all
You'll sort it Kev - never in doubt.

Thinking about it, I suppose if the fault was with the Dizzy TDC, you might get a different result. The ECU might allow a start courtesy of the CPS, but then shut the engine down when not detecting the TDC pulse from the Dizzy! Might be nonsense, but its just a thought! I have it in the back of my mind that I had a fault like that in the dim, distant past, that was resolved with a Used But Good Dizzy. (Thank you, Malcolm!) :D

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Well new key made no difference :lol: still have cel light on and abs light both constant cranks over fine
so time to check for spark cant smell any fuel and checked fuel rail its dry so something inhibiting from running :roll:
no codes showing on dash or with diode just constant :roll: