Car will not start with booster pack!!!!

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Rex16

Car will not start with booster pack!!!!

Post by Rex16 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:21 pm

Hi, V6, scratching my head a lot today, car battery flat, connected another battery via jump leads, turning over but would not start, attached a lithium boost pack, flying over, again would not start.

Connected the battery I'd been using jump leads from directly to the car (i.e. removed flat battery completely and attached spare direct to car).... Fired straight up :o

Given the behaviour I'm guessing that for some reason the factory immobiliser doesn't like anything attached to the fitted battery if it's flat.... I'd appreciate any inspired thoughts that would clarify what was happening, would hate to be stranded somewhere and not being able to start the car even with a powerful jump pack.

andy p

Re: Car will not start with booster pack!!!!

Post by andy p » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 am

Odd, I can't think that a boost battery would affect the immobiliser. Sounds like dodgy battery connections, give them a good clean and do a continuity test on the leads.

Incognito

Post by Incognito » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:36 pm

Boost pack is usually fine on them, im at this stage at the moment with a flat battery every start .

Rex16

Post by Rex16 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:52 pm

andy p wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 am
Odd, I can't think that a boost battery would affect the immobiliser. Sounds like dodgy battery connections, give them a good clean and do a continuity test on the leads.
It was bizarre, the engine was flying over with full power with booster pack, would not fire..... Put a half dead battery on, turned over slower and started..... I've tried it a second time with the exact same result!!!