Airbag code 51

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
david_toft

Airbag code 51

Post by david_toft » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Help please.
I had an airbag code 51. I changed the thermal fuse. I was lucky, I managed to get the lid off the blue box and get the circuit board out without having to remove the box itself which looked impossible.
About 5 miles down the road the code 51 came back. I am sure I read somewhere on these forums that it was possible to disable the blue box and the airbags by fitting a fuse somewhere but I can't find the article, can someone put me right please?

Thanks,
Shed of the show 2017

Micron
Site Admin

Re: Airbag code 51

Post by Micron » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Hi David,

If you have a read of the topic in the Oracle about Airbag codes, it tells you some reasons as to why it failed, it might be that the root cause has not been resolved.

You can bypass an Airbag, by adding a resistor, but I'm unsure as to what it has to be?
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

david_toft

Re: Airbag code 51

Post by david_toft » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I had seen that list of fault codes. It says it is an intermittent short to earth which I was hoping had gone away, obviously it hasn't.
I am now hoping that I can put a resistor in somewhere (not a fuse as in my previous post) that would de-activate the airbags and all the associated electrickery and stop the light flashing. I don't fancy trying to find an intermittent fault, permanent ones are bad enough.